Wednesday 2 February 2011

Some new work

New Brief - New Semester
Okay, so I fluffed up a little bit last semester, but I am finally out of my sickness hole and am ready for a challenge. For this new brief we were given about 7 or 8 to choose from. I decided to choose the brief, 'create an illustrated interpretation of a musical track that is experienced by the viewer in an unconventional and pioneering way'.

I've decided to focus on the band Animal Collective as their music is experimental and some people say it comes across over the top and vulgar. Personally, this is one of my favourite bands to relax to and I feel that they aren't as appreciated as they should be, their album art work is fantastic already but I want to draw more attention to the viewer/listener so that they will be more heard of.


I've focused on two songs so far. These two images are for the song 'Leaf House' which is one of my favourite songs at the moment. Below is a Photoshoped version of the original.


The next track i've focused on is 'What would I want? Sky!' which is pretty much exactly what it says in the title, sang a hell of a lot of times, but is a beautiful song nonetheless.
Very simple design for this one, I'm going to get on some new ideas and experiment with collage.


No comments:

Post a Comment