For my final piece I decided to combine two cells together to make one. I expanded the watercolour study I did for the Broad Vision Exhibition onto A2 to show all the colours and patterns I have seen down the microscope.
Thursday, 5 May 2011
For the Exhibition I showed my water colours studies of plant cells and the intestine cells.
These were then used for the animation.
This is my favourite study i've done so far so for my self identified project I want to do it on a larger scale.
Also shown is the animation I helped make with two computer science students. Unfortunately the animation is not entirely finished but still looks the part.
Other work in the show:
This is my favourite piece of work by Alish in 3rd year Illustration.
Wednesday, 27 April 2011
Friday, 15 April 2011
For my research I decided to create a time lapse experiment of mouldy jam under the microscope. I did this over the weekend and the camera was timed to take photographs every 5 minutes from friday to monday.
The results were blurred because obviously the microscope has to stay in focus and instead of the mould spreading sideways which is how i hoped it would, it grew upwards, making it more and more out of focus as the film goes on. Still, here is the video. (including test shots at the start)
the three stages.
Monday, 4 April 2011
We have finally been given a project that allows us to do whatever we want! Which is what i've wanted to do for a while. So, since Broad Vision started back in October i've collected A LOT of images that i've taken looking at cells down the microscope. I really want to continue the microscopy art so I've decided to do my Self Identified project on this. I will show my experience of Broadvision in my sketchbook and have mostly water colour studies of cells. I will also be planning to have experimental sketches with all sorts of different materials and textures.
I am also including the animation that I am co creating with two computer science students in the project Broad Vision as it shows cellular activity and links with the work I will be doing for this project.
These are some previews of the photographs I will be illustrating/painting.
Sunday, 27 March 2011
So far the animation has gone well, unfortunately there has been a lot of mis communication as to the requirements of the animation. The main focus is the cells but the background needs to change quickly as it looks really bad with the red. Trying to convince two computer science guys to do something pretty, is difficult.
little bit better.
The start of the 2D flash animation